Welcome To My Front Door

Welcome To My Front Door
"Welcome To My Front Door"

Sunday 1 April 2012

Turn Your Recycle Items Into Jewelry


Items you will need:
mod podge
scissors
craft knife
marker
sanding block
pop or water bottle
decorative paper

Cut the top and bottom off your bottle, I found it works well with the knife, then slice the bottle in half.  I used a small bottle of craft paint to make my circle onto the plastic. Trace around the bottle with a none permanent marker. Then cut it out using scissors.  I used a sanding block around the edges just to even them out. Then apply mod podge the back side, the side that's curved.  press down on the opposite side  using a brayer or a pen will do anything to remove the air pockets.  Let dry.....I waited an hour. I dont have a hole punch  with  multiple sizes, so I used the knife to make a small hole then sanded down the ruff edge. Add the earring and you have yourself  jewelry that cost virtually nothing put stuff you put in the recycle box.
You can also use paper napkins....fun if you had Easter themed napkins. or you could use fabric, old sheet music, newspaper. what ever you imagination can dream up....Have fun!
This pair I used left over yarn...mod podge the back side just like the first pair.then roll up your left over yarn, this yarn is very thin or you could use thread in multiple colors. Then use the mod podge on the back side coating it very thick...This one takes time to dry, ever 30 minutes or so I would remove any air pockets.  
24 hours later I went back to it to finish the earring, I placed a bead on this pair! Another pair of earrings that cost nothing more then salvaging stuff from the recycle bin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment